The Police
Message Type Icon

What is Courier Fraud? Tips to help keep you and your money safe.

Hello, Hello, what's going on here then - 


There has been an increase of police impersonation phone calls received in the SEVENOAKS AREA, advising you how not to fall victim of this crime type. Please be mindful that police WILL NEVER ask for your bank details or Pin. Please read the below to find out more about Courier Frauds.


What is Courier Fraud?

Courier fraud occurs when a fraudster contacts a victim by telephone purporting to be a police officer or bank official. To substantiate this claim, the caller might be able to confirm some easily obtainable basic details about the victim such as their full name and address.

Residents urged to remain vigilant following report of courier fraud in  Blackwater area | Hampshire and Isle of Wight Constabulary

Signs of a Courier Fraud?

The Police or bank WILL NEVER:

-Ask for your bank details or PIN.

-Ask you to transfer or withdraw and handover sums of money.

-Send a courier to collect your bank cards, cash or PIN.


Where to report Courier Frauds?

Action Fraud is the UK’s national reporting centre for fraud and cybercrime where you should report fraud if you have been scammed, defrauded or experienced cyber crime in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.

The service is run by the City of London Police working alongside the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau (NFIB) who are responsible for assessment of the reports and to ensure that your fraud reports reach the right place. The City of London Police is the national policing lead for economic crime.


Report fraud and cyber crime crime

You can report fraud or cyber crime using online reporting service any time of the day or night; the service enables you to both report a fraud and find help and support. We also provide help and advice over the phone through the Action Fraud contact centre. You can talk to our fraud and cybercrime specialists by calling 0300 123 2040.

When you report to Action Fraud you will receive a police crime reference number. Reports taken are passed to the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau. Action Fraud does not investigate the cases and cannot advise you on the progress of a case.


Please share with those that may be more vulnerable and signpost them in the direction of how to report this to the Police. Please feel free to reply/to ask any further questions.


Thank you,



Reply to this message

Message Sent By
Steven Shipley
(Kent Police, PC, Swanley Neighbourhood Beat Officer)

Please note that My Community Voice is not for reporting crimes or incidents. Instead you should:

  • Report a non-urgent crimes online: Report | Kent Police
  • Talk to us via our Live Chat by clicking on the blue button on our website: Home | Kent Police
  • If you are hearing or speech impaired, use the textphone service 18000 for emergencies or download the BT Relay app
  • Call 999 in an emergency, if a crime is in progress or life is in danger.

Neighbourhood Alert Cyber Essentials